We are looking for a full-time, licensed Aircraft Engineer to join the Frankfurt Engineering team. This position will play a key role in performing operational functions to ensure delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business whilst meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Working on a shift basis, conduct and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for Cathay Group aircraft in accordance with the HKAR-145 and company requirements
- Perform local or overseas operational relief duties or the duties of an Aircraft Technician / Aircraft Mechanic as required and in accordance with the relevant Job Description
- Monitor third party supplier performance (technical, ramp services, de-icing, refueling etc), follow up and rectify any operational issues in a timely manner
- Execute the contingency plans and support ad hoc operational requirements such as diversions, charters, ad hoc aircraft type changes, major disruption recovery, etc.
- Ensure the availability, serviceability and cleanliness of station ground equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Coordinate and support Cathay Quality Assurance, Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department, third party audits, follow up audit findings and implement mitigations to prevent re-occurrence
- Perform station administration and ensure station documentations / passes are up-to-date and valid
- Ensure the team is compliant with local Occupational Health & Safety standards and all regulations / guidelines
- Help to embrace a continuous improvement culture through quality innovation, teamwork, and lean processes to drive operational efficiency, productivity and commercial improvement
- Any other reasonable task as requested including non-operational duties and projects
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- HKAR-66 B1 or B2 license, or any equivalent license acceptable in HKAR-2
- Minimum of 1 current aircraft type authorisation, preferably on the type operated by Cathay and level 3 trained
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Strong operation knowledge of aircraft maintenance and ground handling activities
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department airworthiness regulations
- Good business awareness
- Good communication skills
Applicants must have the permanent legal right to live and work in the European Union
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 6 months.