Let your passion fly! At Cathay Pacific Airways, we’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. Our global family can open up a world of opportunities for you. This means that your first role at Cathay Pacific won’t be your last. It could take you anywhere. Join us and discover just how far you can go!
Cathay Pacific Airways is looking for a full-time, licensed Aircraft Engineer to join the Los Angeles line maintenance station in California. The successful candidate will perform operational functions ensuring delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business whilst meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements.
If you are applying as an internal candidate you may qualify for a priority USA immigration work-visa sponsorship, if you meet this criteria:
- You have a 4 year Engineering degree
- You have been employed at Cathay for at least one year in the last 3 years
- You are a citizen of one of the following countries: China, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam
All other candidates may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Working on a shift basis, conduct and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for Cathay Group and third party customer aircraft (if applicable) in accordance with the appropriate national authority and customer requirements
- Perform local or overseas operational relief duties or the duties of an Aircraft Technician / Aircraft Mechanic as required
- Monitor any third party supplier performance (technical, ramp services, de-icing, refueling etc), follow up and rectify any operational issues in a timely manner
- Execute the contingency plans and support ad hoc operational requirements such as diversions, charters, ad hoc aircraft type changes, major disruption recovery, etc.
- Ensure the availability, serviceability and cleanliness of station ground equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Perform station administration and ensure station documentations / passes are up-to-date and valid
- Help to embrace a continuous improvement culture through quality innovation, teamwork, and lean processes to drive operational efficiency, productivity and commercial improvement
- Any other reasonable task as requested including non-operational duties and projects
Emergency & Accident
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis response responsibilities as required
- FAA A&P Certificate or any of the following licenses; HKAR-66 B1 license, EASA-66 B1 license or any equivalent foreign license
- Minimum of one (1) current aircraft type authorisation, preferably on the type operated by Cathay
- Priority will be given to applicants holding Level 3 training on B747-400F and B747-8F
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Strong operation knowledge of aircraft maintenance and ground handling activities
- Good communication skills
- Must comply with Company’s mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination policy
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer (EOE, including Disability/Vets). Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.