Reports to: Accounts Payable Lead
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This role is accomplished by supporting and providing inputs to projects on, for example:
- Standardization and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
The Source to Pay stream within GBS structure begins with spend analytics, followed by: identifying suppliers, sourcing, contracting, buying, ordering, matching invoices, payment, and supplier management, which supplies data to begin the cycle again with spend analytics.
The Source to Pay team within GBS structure focus on the latter steps of this end-to-end process which include broadly the following: matching invoices to PO & good receipts, process invoices for payment, and carry out reject payment resolution.
This role is to deliver services in a cost effective and efficient way with the aim to streamline and automate the Accounts Payable processes.
- Provide timely and efficient accounts payable related administrative support to employees and business units, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, corporate/local policies and industry best practice, throughout the Accounts Payable processes
- Undertake the full range of transactional accounts payable-related administration responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Process payment of invoices
- Ensure proper checks in place
- Resolve payment discrepancies, escalating as appropriate to the Lead / Assistant Manager
- Maintain proper internal controls to ensure accuracy of financial records
- Ensure consistent accounts payable-related administration support to managers, employees and external parties, within agreed parameters in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and confidence
- Administer accounts payable-related activities within agreed procedures, standards and timescales, as defined by the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Work closely with business units along the Source to Pay stream
- Support Customer Services by providing FAQs and transcripts on general enquiries and resolving specific invoice-processing and payment-related enquiries escalated from Customer Services
- Apply Lean processes to ensure that GBS meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Participate in process optimization initiatives where needed
- Given the handling of sensitive data, maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Tertiary education in business, Accounting or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- 3+ years of experience in general Accounts Payable / Source to Pay administration within General Business Services / Shared Services environment, less experience will be considered for junior role
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collect and evaluate data
- Ability to research and analyse information to support decision-making
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills to collaborate and work with a diverse group of people to meet goals and objectives
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
- Open-minded in adopting technologies
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.