Reports to: Accountant
Credit Control is a very essential section of Revenue Accounting to ensure amount billed are properly settled and amount settled are reconciled with bank remittance.
- Oversee the accounting processes of Account Receivables, Bank and General Ledgers, e.g. AR clearing and bank settlement etc, to ensure records are updated in the accounting system on a timely basis
- Work with internal departments to ensure data files from various services providers are processed properly
- Liaise with customers to follow up on the outstanding balances and/or any discrepancies between record in the company’s accounting system and the customers
- Perform bank reconciliation, investigate on any unreconciled items and provide reports to management for handling
- Prepare and assist in review the debtor’s aging report for management review
- Assist in bad-debt write-off and prepare relevant journal entries
- Support in providing related analysis reports for better management decisions and other statutory purposes
- Perform ad hoc assignments as and when required
- Diploma or above in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience
- Well organized with strong analytical mind
- Strong skills in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
- Experience in using SAP advantageous
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Able to work under pressure and being flexible when necessary to meet deadlines
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.