Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO/ FESCO
To achieve and exceed the agreed Trade Sales targets through intelligent use of data. Continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets while proactively negotiating and managing existing Agency (including Online Travel Agencies) sales and accounts and indirect sales channels.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Acquire high value global and local trade partners as per agreed targets using an insights driven approach
- Initiate and follow up on sales actions, obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business
- Engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with a dedicated focus on new business development
- Assist in transforming the culture from one of relationship-based selling to an insights-driven smarter selling Sales force
- Give a strong focus to seeking opportunities in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) market including renewals and repeat business
- Help to manage the local relationship for Global Trade Partners
- Service the existing portfolio in order to maintain and grow the value (focusing on revenue growth)
- Make regular sales visits to clients to conduct presentations, seminars, provide updates on products and services in order to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales
- Ensure that prioritisation allows for focus on the top revenue generating trade partners and actively seek ways to improve the quality of the revenue generated by the portfolio
- Negotiate rates, commissions and contracts in a timely manner against a background of data and yields to achieve the best return on investment and have a mutually beneficial outcome
- Manage a cohesive sales activity and marketing plan and manage incentivised trade partners
- Search for new corporate trade sales leads through the Trade Partners and ensure these are passed on to the Corporate Sales teams
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive and prominent brand position
- Manage the cost of sales needed to generate the revenue within the mandated parameters
- Monitor the effectiveness of incentive schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximise available and potential sales opportunities
- Promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience
- Utilise Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Utilise DDS to track the account performance
- Represent Cathay at industry and networking events
- Any other reasonable task as requested
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Certification in a relevant Sales business field
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- A minimum of two years’ recent experience in Sales
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable networking and relationship management skills
- Experience in working in an environment with targets and achieving targets
- Good negotiation skills
- Good level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MIDT, DDS and Sales Force Automation Tool is preferred
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.