Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To achieve and exceed the agreed Corporate and Travel Management Company (TMC) sales targets through intelligent use of data. Continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets, while proactively negotiating and managing existing Corporate and TMC accounts.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Acquire high value accounts as per agreed targets using a data and insight driven approach
- Initiate and follow up on sales actions, obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business
- Assist in transforming the culture from one of relationship-based selling to an insights-driven smarter selling Sales force
- Engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with an enhanced focus on new business development
- Help to contribute to the strategic partnership and manage the local relationship for Global Corporates or Global TMCs
- Service existing portfolio or accounts / TMCs in order to maintain and grow the value (focusing on revenue not necessarily the growth in portfolio size)
- Regularly make sales visits to clients to conduct presentations, seminars, provide updates on products and services in order to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales
- Actively seek ways to improve the quality of the revenue generated by the portfolio
- Ensure that appropriate prioritisation allows for focus on the top revenue generating corporate accounts and TMCs
- Negotiate discount rates, commissions and contracts in a timely manner against a background of data and yields the best return on investment
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive strong brand position
- Actively manage the cost of sales needed to generate the revenue within the mandated parameters
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of incentive/discount schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximise available and potential sales opportunities
- Actively promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of corporate travel business
- Ensure knowledge and application of MICE and specialty segments (marine, energy resources and humanitarian) to assist in revenue generation and adoption within the portfolio
- Drive adoption and penetration of Business Plus
- Utilise Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Utilise PRISM to track the performance of the contracts
- Represent Cathay at industry and networking events
- Any other reasonable task as requested
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Certification in a relevant Sales business field
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- A minimum of two years recent experience in Sales
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable networking and relationship management skills
- Has an achievement based record in achieving targets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of PRISM, MIDT and Sales Force Automation Tool is preferred
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change