Reports To: Information Technology / Digital Department
Cathay Pacific's story of success has been built on the strength of its dedicated, highly professional team of talented people. Cathay Pacific has always placed great emphasis on the training and personal development of its people and we are proud on the Digital and IT Graduate Trainee programme. This programme is designed to provide trainees with a concrete professional foundation by having rotations through an extensive range of core Information Technology disciplines and Business departments.
The programme aims to embrace a structured development framework for the new joiners in developing professional skills and the opportunities to gain knowledge of our airline business. The selected candidate will have excellent opportunity to create and deliver innovation solutions that bring competitive advantages to the airline.
After successful completion of a 2 year training programme, the Digital and IT Graduate Trainee will continue an exciting career pursuing their personal career aspirations in professional specialized streams within Cathay Pacific.
- Develop an understanding of the Cathay Pacific’s Information Technology and the organisation; its purpose, structure, strategy, values and drivers
- Accomplish all learning objectives and pass the assessment on the learning objectives for each placement rotation
- Build a broad understanding of the core airline systems and applications
- Acquire profound understanding of specific airline business functions and business processes through rotations in business units
- Undertake assigned tasks as delegated by mentor or leads; Depending on the team assignment, the selected candidate could work with any of the following:
- The Application Solutions stream will provide our Digital and IT graduates with the skills and knowledge in the key aspects of the software development lifecycle. From identifying business needs & opportunities (Business Analysis), to definition of high level solution design (Solution Architecture) and detailed software specification (System Analysis) to the realization of application solutions (Application Development & Testing), our Digital and IT graduate will experience and begin to make meaningful contributions to the implementation of technology of the world’s best airline.
- The Infrastructure Engineering rotation will provide our Digital and IT graduates with the skills and knowledge in the key aspects of large enterprise infrastructure foundation. Starting from design and build of new platform for projects, to operation run of an enterprise class infrastructure in areas of Data Centre Infrastructure, Networking, Middleware and Database, Workplace and Unified Communications.
- The IT Operations stream will provide foundational knowledge on the process and frameworks based on ITIL, starting from Business-As-Usual (BAU) operational processes with emphasis on System Change Management and Configuration Management to ensure seamless operations of an enterprise class infrastructure with business applications.
- As part of the Service Centre Team, each graduate will be trained with all aspects of IT Service Centre operations. Along with their basic IT knowledge and business acumen, the trainee will be able to gain holistic view on backbone frontline operation knowledge through hands on experience with the teams within Service Centre, as well as experience with Tech Lounge on face-to-face customer service.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams for software projects that apply Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Apply software development best practices, standards, frameworks, governances and knowledge areas like Vendor management and Quality management for application developments.
- Contribute innovations and new ideas to leverage technology as an enabler to create competitive advantage for the airline
- Right of Abode in Hong Kong
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education qualifications), with major or minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Outstanding academic results or credential is desirable
- Passion for aviation industry and a career in IT/ Digital field
- High learning agility, good initiator and self-driver for career progression
- Goal-oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to cope with a dynamic, diversified and multi-cultural working environment
- Team player and able to work independently and cross functionally
- Business acumen and able to demonstrate strong problem-solving and influencing ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Able to speak in English, preferable communication skills also in Cantonese and Mandarin
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons